Admission information for the Master Course CSI
Thank you for your interest in our international Master courses at the University of Rostock. Please read this guide carefully as it will probably answer many questions.
Selection for Master courses will be made by a committee on the basis of the application documents. The Master course either starts in the winter semester (October 1st) or in the summer semester (April 1st).
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent degree of a recognized university in a relevant subject matching the respective Master's degree course at Rostock University. You can only apply with your final transcript and degree.
Computer Science International
- Applicants whose native language is not English have to prove English language skills (proof not older than two years) with TOEFL IBT with at least 94 points, an IELTS with at least 7.0 points or an equivalent test
- Applicants have to prove a first university degree qualifying for a profession in the subject of Computer Science with a minimum of 180 credit points, or a different but equal degree.
- Applicants have to prove profound knowledge in the following academic fields: Proof of at least 18 credit points in Mathematics and at least 12 credit points in Theoretical Computer Science (in particular Computability, Complexity, Formal Language, Formal Semantics and Formal Modeling) must be provided. A maximum of 9 credit points in Theoretical Computer Science can be made up in the course of the first year.
An admission will only be given if a successful graduation from the master course can be expected. Therefore, we accept only candidates having completed the first university degree with at least 85 % of the CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) or with a comparable grade in a different grading system or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) with at least 500 points. Alternatively, the applicant is able to prove any other qualifications relevant for this master course that may lead to the prospect of a successful graduation based on overall academic progress.
You can enhance your performance with a GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) on minimum 500.
Please note that applicants whose native language is English or whose medium of instruction had been English do not need to submit an official language proof.
All other candidates have to prove their proficiency in English with one of the following tests:
- a valid TOEFL score report (Rostock University does not have an institutions code) with more than 94 points
- a valid IELTS-Academic score report with an overall minimum of 7.0
A proof of knowledge about the German language is not required.
Submitting of Application documents
The application must be done via Uni Assists.
You can find the application times online at https://www.uni-rostock.de/en/study/international-students/degree-students/application-for-non-german-prospective-students-via-uni-assist.
Do not submit any application documents to Rostock University directly. Please apply online via Uni-Assist.