Thank you for your interest in our international Master program at the University of Rostock.
Please read this guide carefully as it will probably answer many questions.
Selection for Master courses will be made by a committee on the basis of your application documents. The Master course starts in the winter term (October 1st which we recommend) or in the summer term (April 1st).
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent degree of a recognized university which matches the program of the Master's degree at the University of Rostock you are applying for. You can only apply with your final transcript and degree.
- Applicants whose native language is not English have to prove English language skills (proof not older than two years) with TOEFL IBT with at least 90 points or IELTS with at least 6.5 points.
- Applicants have to prove a first university degree qualifying for a profession in the subject of Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 180 credit points or a different but equal degree.
- Applicants have to prove the achievement of Electromagnetic Fields and Waves (at least 3 credit points), Mathematics (at least 18 credit points), Programming / Practical Computer Science (at least 6 credit points)
An admission will only be given if a successful graduation from the master course can be expected. Therefore, we accept only candidates having completed the first university degree with at least 85 % of the CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) or with a comparable grade in a different grading system or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) with at least 500 points. Alternatively, the applicant is able to prove any other qualifications relevant for this master program that may lead to the prospect of a successful graduation based on overall academic progress.
Students who choose the specialization Power Engineering are recommended to commence their studies in the winter term otherwise they have limited options to attend classes.
Please note that applicants whose native language is English or whose medium of instruction had been English do not need to submit an official language proof.
All other candidates have to prove their proficiency in English with one of the following tests:
- a valid TOEFL score report (Rostock University does not have an institution code) with more than 90 points
- a valid IELTS-Academic score report with an overall minimum of 6.5
A proof of knowledge about the German language is not required.
In order to obtain the Application form it is required to fill out the pre-check.
The requirements for admission are very rigorous at the University of Rostock and only students with a very high CGPA in their previous studies are admitted. During the online pre-check, we will check, in particular, whether your CGPA as well as your Bachelor degree meet our requirements for admission.
The form of the pre-check is available during the whole year.
Within one week after you have entered your data, we will send you an email informing you about your chances of gaining admission to study at the University of Rostock.
Applications submitted through mediators like educational consultants or agencies will not be accepted!
Starting with the Application for the Summer semester 2018 an application must be done via Uni Assists.
You can application times online at https://www.uni-rostock.de/en/study/international-students/degree-students/application-for-non-german-prospective-students-via-uni-assist.
Do not submit any application documents to Rostock University directly. Please apply now online via Uni-Assists.
Before you can apply for this Master program you need to fill out the pre-check form, which you can find here. After having checked your details, we will inform you whether you fulfill the requirements for a successful application.