Admission information for the Master Course EE
Thank you for your interest in our international Master courses at the University of Rostock. Please read this guide carefully as it will probably answer many questions.
Selection for Master courses will be made by a committee on the basis of the application documents. The Master course either starts in the winter semester (October 1st which we recommend) or in the summer semester (April 1st).
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent degree of a recognized university in a relevant subject matching the respective Master's degree course at Rostock University. You can only apply with your final transcript and degree.
- Applicants whose native language is not English have to prove English language skills (proof not older than two years) with TOEFL IBT with at least 90 points or IELTS with at least 6.5 points.
- Applicants have to prove a first university degree qualifying for a profession in the subject of Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 180 credit points or a different but equal degree.
- Applicants have to prove the achievement of Electromagnetic Fields and Waves (at least 3 credit points), Mathematics (at least 18 credit points), Programming / Practical Computer Science (at least 6 credit points)
An admission will only be given if a successful graduation from the master course can be expected. Therefore, we accept only candidates having completed the first university degree with at least 85 % of the CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) or with a comparable grade in a different grading system or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) with at least 500 points. Alternatively, the applicant is able to prove any other qualifications relevant for this master program that may lead to the prospect of a successful graduation based on overall academic progress.
Students who choose the specialization Power Engineering are recommended to commence their studies in the winter semester otherwise they have limited options to attend classes.
Please note that applicants whose native language is English do not need to submit an official language proof.
All other candidates have to prove their proficiency in English with one of the following tests:
- a valid TOEFL score report (Rostock University does not have an institutions code) with more than 90 points
- a valid IELTS-Academic score report with an overall minimum of 6.5
A proof of knowledge about the German language is not required.
Submitting of Application documents
The application must be done via Uni Assists.
You can find the application times online at https://www.uni-rostock.de/en/study/international-students/degree-students/application-for-non-german-prospective-students-via-uni-assist.
Do not submit any application documents to Rostock University directly. Please apply online via Uni-Assist.